Saturday, July 4, 2015

Update: Corpse Markers

Some more progress with my first batch of Corpse Markers!  

I have pretty much finished with my initial six markers and I am very pleased with them.  I may go in later and add tiny details, but their look will not change from this:



For my next set I attempted a smaller batch of 4 markers.  I decided to experiment with spackle paste as a potentially faster, easier medium considering Milliput has to be mixed and then it will set in a short time, so what is mixed has to be used which leads to procrastination until I have side projects ready to accept the inevitable surplus of Milliput I mix.

Skeleton - again, balsa wood and wood glue attached to metal washers


Fleshing out - layers of spackle paste.  Each layer dries in less than an hour and really easy scrape and carve after it dries.

Glue/paint - this was different than the  others.  The spackle paste felt much more fragile than the Milliput so I am nervous about it breaking off.  I made a sludge of wood glue and paint and edged the sculpts with it to create a solid base that might strengthen the marker once set.
 

I wanted these models to look dug-up so I could use them with my Resurrectionists, especially the ever-loving Canine Remains, so I used some coffee grounds  and glue to cover the washer and partially the models.  They are drying right now, but they will just get a brown/green wash again and maybe a beige dry brush just to the two highest points on each marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment