Sunday, July 26, 2015

New Resurrectionists

McMourning's box, Body of Evidence, was my most recent purchase in the world of Malifaux and my second encounter with Wyrd's new plastic miniatures.  I had purchased the Story Encounter box , University of Transmortis a while back when it was 50% off, but I never got around to assembling the Students.  I had originally purchased the box because it was supposed to have Solo Play as one of the potential encounters, but the hope was much better than the reality because on paper, it seemed very lackluster.  Charlotte is very sparse when it comes to miniatures outside of 40k and Warmachine and Malifaux was forgotten after the transition to 1.5.  Now that there is some hint of a revival with 2nd edition and a new game store is supporting interest with Malifaux. Battleground Games in North Charlotte has created Miniatures Monday which allows a place for lesser-played games like Malifaux, X-wing, Kings of War, Infinity, Mordheim, Dreadball, and whatever else you want to play a chance to shake the dust off - it seemed a good time to assemble all my Malifaux plastic.

I got it done, but it took me all weekend to do it.
There are so many tiny pieces!!!!
It is not like it is difficult; I think anyone can assemble them, but there are numerous small pieces that need time to set after joining.   You can't glue the limbs all at once and I am not really interested in using glue additives to make them join faster or use contact cement.  Also, if the pieces are large enough, I suggest pinning everything you can.  There were some hands and feet where it is impossible, but each piece probably has 3-5 pins in them.  After priming them, I am glad I did.  I brush on primer rather than use a spray can.  I get better results brushing and I can tint the white primer however I like.

Anyways, here is a Resser Family photo:




L to R: McMourning; Zombie Chihuahua, JoJo; Nurse Jenny, Nurse Jenni; Canine Remain, Daisy; Sebastian
L to R: Valedictorian; Student of Viscera; Student of Steel; Student of Sinew

All together!   29 SS in front, 32 SS in back.



Here is the Family after a necrotic-tinted primer painting:




 

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment