Sunday, July 5, 2015

Desert Terrain Tables

Although I am moving towards a focus on the Resurrectionst, I decided on creating several pieces of modular terrain that will create a desert theme.  I imagine the possibility of outposts, mining camps, mines, and boomtowns.  Here are some pictures of  the table set-ups I have used for demonstrations .   The first two pictures also feature the gaming mat I made to simulate the dirt and sand of the American West.  The third picture has a piece of orange cloth as the mat that can purchased at any fabric store or even some Wal-Marts. 

I am really enjoying the desert theme; each of these tables has every type of terrain trait in Malifaux and it is a great training ground to learn the rules on.   Also, they bring back a lot of memories from my childhood growing up in California and visiting my Grandfather in Arizona.  I hated the heat of the Southwest deserts, but those deserts were beautiful beyond belief even in their stark simplicity.  I think they would have been even more awesome with giant lizardmen, evil puppets, ice constructs, and witchlings running around!



 
 
 
 
 My next post with have close-ups of terrain pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment