Friday, June 19, 2015

An Introduction

So, we begin with something simple: an introduction, a mission statement.

Summer is upon us here in North Carolina and those of us with fair skin seek shelter indoors and turn to board games, war games, and creating miniature versions of the outdoors we fled from or have no intention of ever visiting, e.g., swamps and barren deserts.

I love board games and miniatures games.  I love creating terrain and accessories for miniatures games.  Right now, the war games I play are both skirmish-level games (preferred size): Malifaux and Warmachine/Hordes. I highly recommend both if you have not tried them.  I don't always get to play due to my work schedule, so the majority of my time within the hobby consists of day-dreaming about playing and making/painting things..... mostly making.

I am so drawn to creating terrain that I have barely painted any of my miniatures.  Terrain-making may be my procrastination trigger, my compulsion that prevents me from putting paint to miniature and ruining a $10 - $45 purchase with my kindergarten-level painting skills.  Maybe that's what this blog is for, partially, to push myself to commit or quit.  By posting my hobby, I am journaling my habits, my successes, my failures, and to see if I am truly having fun doing this.  I would love for others to see these posts and gain something from them, too, but it is mainly to chronicle my progress through the hobby and capture some of the magic and joy it brings.

My goal is to post pictures of WIP (Works In Progress) for painting and terrain building, post pictures of completed works, post Battle Reports of various sizes and details, post opinions about games and characters I am currently playing or looking to play, and then I can go from there.

Well, Future Me, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment